04/05/2016

Urban Decay - Alice Through The Looking Glass...



So as we all know Urban Decay have done it again and have created an insane collection. This time it's an Alice in Wonderland themed eye shadow palette and 5 limited edition lipsticks. This has come around because of the new Alice in Wonderland film that is hitting the big screens at the end of May. What more could you want, the company that produces the most amazing eye shadow palettes teaming up with Disney?! Every girls dream! However, this isn't the first time the teams have joined forces, 6 years ago the first Alice in Wonderland themed collection was brought out and sold out almost immediately so I can imagine with how pretty this ones packing is and the quality of the products the same will happen again. 



I was lucky enough to be invited down to the Urban Decay store in Wigan's Grand Arcade shopping centre to try out the collection before it was released for sale. I was greeted by the beautiful Olivia who would be showing me the products and using them to create a look on myself and by the lovely Karen who is the manager there. I fell in love from the moment I saw the stand and you will also when you see the pictures below! 


The final look using the 'Alice through the looking glass' collection created by Olivia Phoenix


Now, onto the collection! 




As you can see the packaging for this collection is everything you would expect it to be and more! Quirky and beautiful, just like the story of Alice in Wonderland, it really is a special makeup buy and one that will look forever pretty on display on your desk! The outside of the palette is trippy and very colourful, then when you lift up the lid inside is a beautiful mirror with the classic quote 'We're all mad here' and a 3D pop up butterfly, this alone would look good propped up on show within your makeup collection! You then pull out a drawer to reveal your 20 brand new colours of eyeshadow which have themed names to do with the story. There is a good mixture of neutrals, pastels, deep and the more adventurous  bright shades!


ALL 20 shades are unique and limited edition. They are pigment infused which means you will have a stronger colour and not a wishy washy finish, they will literally go onto your eye and look as bright as they do in the palette! They are all also talc free to help with smooth pigment diffusion which makes it super easy to blend these beautiful eyeshadows to create the perfect look! 


Fitting in with the collaboration each column in the palette represents a well loved character from the film. The order is:

Alice
The Mad Hatter
Mirana ( The White Queen)
Iracebeth ( The Red Queen)
Time ( Part human part clock)


Also in the collection there are the 5 lipsticks in the most to die for colourful packaging which again would look amazing on display in your makeup collection, they sure will stand out!
The 5 lipsticks are a mixture of metallic and matte finishes and are all new shades! Some are everyday wearable and others are for when you're feeling more adventurous...which can be everyday also. They are really soft and glide on perfectly. 
The shades are:

Alice ( A gold toned sheer with bit of shimmer)
Mirana ( One of the metallic ones in a burgundy shade)
Iracabeth ( Scarlet shade with a matte finish)
Time ( A blue/grey tone in a metallic finish)
Mad Hatter ( Lavender/lilac shade with a metallic finish)

Launching in stores tomorrow, May 5th! 

The palette retails at £43 which I think is AMAZING for what you're getting, 20 unique shades, beautiful packaging and it also includes the Vice 4 brush which is super easy to blend with. 




The lipsticks retail at £16 each and I believe theres a shade in there for everybody!




My trip to Urban Decay Wigan was so lovely, I would highly recommend if you live close by or are ever in the area you pop down and I guarantee you won't be disappointed. The staff are very friendly and gave me such a warm welcome. They're located at the end of The Grand Arcade shopping centre in Debenhams on the first floor to the right when you walk in!
If you're wanting to get your hands on this collection I suggest heading down to the Wigan store or any near you as quick as possible from the launch day. 

If you're local to Wigan, starting tomorrow (5th may) until Saturday (7th May) they are having The Mad Hatter's Tea Party with makeup masterclasses. I shall be heading down again for this and I can't wait to see the girls in store again as they really were so lovely!


Make sure to check out their Facebook page and like it for future updates!


^^Just click here ^^




I LOVED my makeup Olivia created, such a talented girl and gave me the confidence to let her do whatever she wanted with my face! I love the bright shades used on my eyes fading into the darker tones which I think is a perfect representation of what Alice in Wonderland is all about and I also have 'Mirana" lipstick from the collection on my lips. This collection is really one too get your hands on and attended the launches if you can as they look like they're going to be ALOT of fun!


Check out Olivia on Instagram here - Olivia Phoenix 

Thankyou for reading and I hope you're excited as I am about this collection!


xxx



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Turquoise Trouble. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig