06/01/2016

My go to daily makeup look....



Now I'm no makeup artist but I frequently receive questions on Instagram regarding my makeup so here goes, this is what look I would go for most days. It's a very simple look with the main focus being the skin and not really the eyes, truth is I'm rubbish at experimenting with eye looks but thats something I'd like to change! I do all of my make up in this ring light mirror from No7, it's my saviour!


First I start off with applying moisturiser all over my face, I used Nivea-Soft it comes in a really big pot and always leaves my skin feeling lovely. Next up I apply primer and today I chose Rimmel stay matte primer. This gives me a nice even base all over but I wouldn't recommend it if you're having a dry skin day as it won't sit very well!


I then apply my foundation all over, I used a mixture of Rimmel match perfection and Mac Studio fix liquid to even out the colour. I apply this all over my face leaving a triangle under my eyes blank as I don't like too much product there and I save this space for only concealer, I apply my foundation and also my concealer with a damp beauty blender as I find it makes the foundation sit on my face better. I then used Rimmel match perfect 2in1 concealer and highlighter under my eyes, the bridge of my nose and a tiny triangle on my fore head. Once this is all blended in I set these places with Rimmel transparent powder and I bake it under my eyes. I do this by leaving a thick layer on for a little while, as you can see above, then I softly dab away the excess with a beauty blender ( I'm a big fan of them can you tell?!)


After this I usually contour, well actually I do this while my powder is baking but hey ho. I use the Anastasia Beverly Hills contour powder kit in Tan to Deep, I apply a mixture of the colours depending on how strong I want my contour to go and I just wing it , I don't follow specific colour choices each time I just do it until I'm happy with the outcome. I contour my cheeks, my nose and my forehead. After this I do my brows which are completed above. I have recently started using the Anastasia Beverly Hills brow wiz in Medium Brown, I really love the natural look this gives my eyebrows. I then apply a clear mascara all over my brows to keep them in place then sometimes if I haven't dyed them in a while I will use an old black mascara that has hardly any left in it and gently brush my hairs with it, it only picks up the tiniest amount of product and doesn't make your eyebrows look black, it just makes the hairs more apparent (sounds crazy, but try it!)





I then highlight, I have used Makeup Academy Shimmer Highlighter in a pink shade ( I can't find the name for it) I apply this on my cheeks above my contour, on my cupids bow, on my brow bone and on the very tip of my nose. Next up, lips! Today I have used Max Factor colour elixir lip liner in Brown n Bold to line my lips and fill in the outsides then I have Mac cremesheen in Modesty over the top.



On my eyes I just used a cheap shimmery white shadow (not sure on the brand at all) just on the inner of my eye to give it a little highlight and I used a burgundy colour eyeshadow just on the outer of my lid and blended it in, I literally only use the tiniest amount! Then finally, mascara! I used my all time favourite...Max Factor- Masterpiece Transform. I always get asked which mascara I use and its this one each and every single time, it really does transform your eyelashes like it says in the title no matter how short or long they are!


I haven't listed the products as a lot of them I have used I can't find online and I plan to go more in depth doing posts on my eyebrows, contour and blah blah individually with a step by step process so I will link the details then! If you like the look of it I hope you got a tip or two from this, like I said I'm no makeup artist this is just how I enjoy doing my makeup..and if you have any tips or things for me to try I'd love to hear! 



- Bare with me on the bad quality photos, still working with my iPhone or Mac -
xxx




SHARE:

2 comments

© Turquoise Trouble. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig