29/01/2016

January topic - New year, new me?

I have decided that on the last Friday of each month of the year I'm am going to write about a certain topic. It could be something I have been through that month or something I have viewed a lot of people talking about or has been brought to my attention, I am going to talk about it and get my thoughts out.  This is something I really want to stick to and for it to be a monthly post people will recognise so if you have any suggestions for example if you need advice or feel like it would be good advice for everyone out there reading it on a certain topic, drop me an email and I will see where I can fit it in. These won't always be short posts and will probably contain a fair amount of writing, but sometimes it's nice to read someones thoughts and see if you can relate to them, think of it as a from me to you little diary entry. So here we start with the first month...






January 2016...

Like every year people start preparing for January in December, thinking of their new years resolutions, things they would like to change from one year to another and so on, you know the drill. This always seems exciting with 'new year, new me' and all that but why should it be a new you? Why do you have to think changing yourself completely is a great thing? This always leads to panic and false expectations. With setting your expectations too high it's always going to leave a blue feeling inside you when the new year comes in and you realise you had wanted to change your life so drastically, this is why so many people struggle with their new years resolutions and cave in. It is good to have a view of what you want to do in the future but if you pile too much onto that view its going to weigh you down and you will find it harder to succeed. Set yourself small goals instead, something that isn't too daunting and that you know you can reach. This could be you would like to shift that Christmas 'fluff' you put on by going to the gym, being active is always great but remember you have all year to do it and reach your goal. If you start something new all guns blazing it will be too much whereas if you take it step at a time and introduce it into your life steadily it will be a lot more rewarding, in my opinion anyway. But I believe that applies to anything. Would you jump into a swimming pool at the deep end straight away rather than build yourself up from the shallow end if you couldn't swim? 

Instead of signing yourself up for something for the WHOLE year why not take it a month at a time? A new goal each month is exciting and if one month you do something you really want to carry on, then do that...but don't give yourself the pressure from the get go dedicating your year to it straight away. Think if you tried something new each month how many things you could look back on and be proud of yourself for completing at the end of the year!

My goal for January was to start my blogging journey, I'm taking it in baby steps, not thinking about the months ahead or where I want to be at in a year because even if I work my derrière off to reach that goal and get to the end of the year and I haven't accomplished it I'm going to be feeling like a failure and will have stressed myself out about it in the process so one step at a time is where I want to go with it. I want to enjoy it and not feel the pressure to hit certain targets in a specific amount of time and I am enjoying it so much already and I have had incredible support, so thank you to everyone that reads my posts!

January doesn't just have the 'life changing' decision stress it also has a lot of other factors in it. Let's face it, most people are poor when January comes around, you spent your wage before christmas buying gifts and preparing for it then the next wage celebrating christmas and smashing through those christmas sales, it's always a tough one but a month can fly by, and if you have enough money to eat and simple things like that then you're a lot more fortunate than some people across the world (sad thought, sorry!) Did you know January also holds the most separations and divorces in relationships? Another really sad thought, maybe it's the stress that gets to people in this month or people are 'cleaning out their closet' for the new year, either way it isn't pleasant and another struggle of January but on the inside of that personal relationship, this might be a positive for someone so always look on the bright side (of life do dooo do dooo). One final January problem (sorry to be the bearer of bad news) is it holds the 'most depressing day of the year'...and it falls on the 19th for 2016. It is named 'Blue Monday' and is said to be a mix of debt levels, bad weather, divorce rates and going back to work after a big break. All so negative, I know, but sometimes you have to look at the negatives and take a step back and see they most probably don't all effect you majorly and it isn't going to be that way forever so I should be thankful and look at the positives of this month. And while you're reading this the month is nearly over and you've made it through so give yourself a pat on the back!

January isn't all bad news though (always deliver the bad before the good) it is National Thank You Month! So look back at the month and see what you're thankful for. It could be your friends, that lady who held a lift door open for you the other day when you were in a rush, it could be your health, your happiness...anything you think you should be thankful for let that outweigh the negatives of the month!

I hope this post doesn't seem super negative and comes across more as an eye opener and gets you thinking about what is necessary and what is not...I'm not a negative nancy I pinky swear! 

 A new year doesn't mean a new YOU, it means a new year for opportunities, adventures, to meet new people, dip into different cultures and wherever you let it take you. It's really anything you want it to be but don't change who you are for it, have fun with it and make it the happiest year you possibly can. Try to beat the stress, don't let it weigh you down, start the year with a fresh mind and positive attitude-don't let the January blues get to you! Here's a smiling cat to start you off! I hope you have a wonderful weekend...




If you made it to the end, thank you, gold star for you!

xxx







SHARE:

1 comment

© Turquoise Trouble. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig