02/01/2016

A fresh start...


With it being the new year I decided I wanted to start on a new project so welcome to Turquoise Trouble, the blog!

This is something I have been thinking about starting for quite some time now and I had previously started a blog a few years ago but with it being when I first started university, it was too much for me to handle so I didn't continue with posts. However now, writing this on the 1st of January 2016 my life has changed a lot and I finally have the time to put my full effort and passion into this blog. I don't want to categorise it as a beauty or a fashion etc blog as I want to do a mixture of everything. Things I think people could get advice from, fashion, beauty, places I visit, cool things that I see, things I get inspiration from in life... I want to write about everything and keep the options open.

Now to briefly get to know the girl behind the blog...
I'm Abigail Rebecca Purslow, 22 living in London. I am from a small town in the North West called Leigh and I moved to London for my studies at London College of Fashion studying Fashion Contour (lingerie and swimwear design) in September 2013. Since then I have moved around London quite a few times hopping from east to south and repeated that twice now and I have had some amazing flatmates along the way! My uni course was something I had been so passionate about since I was in my last year of high school when I watched the Victorias Secret Fashion Show for the first time (and thanks to my uni I was able to attend the live show in London in 2014 which was one of the best days of m life) and when I found out I could move to London and pursue that dream I was fulfilling two dreams at once. Uni was a hard time for me, even though it was something I was crazy about I discovered that education wasn't the right thing for me and after two years I decided to leave my studies at the end of 2015 and start a new chapter in my life. Fashion design, especially lingerie design, will always be such a big part of my life as it's all I have known and spent my life doing for the last 5 years as I studied it at college as well, but I couldn't happily put my all into my studies and instead of being unhappy and stressed all the time I wanted to see what else I could do with my life. The time I spent at uni had it's amazing moments, I met so many talented and truly lovely people, I had the most supportive tutors and I gained so much knowledge and life lessons that I know will be taken through life with me.

My weekends in London are spent at work in the most cool place, Sealife aquarium! Every weekend I get to work with sharks, penguins sea turtles and many more. I owe a lot to this place as without it I wouldn't be able to afford living in crazy London and it has helped me create many friendships and that is where I met my better half, Martyn.

(Still not accepting christmas is over)

Now onto what I like, I love cats..thats the main thing. I like meeting new people, trying out new styles, I LOVE chunky black boots, I like people who aren't afraid to be who they want to be and one of the main things I love is something I have seen a major increase of recently....girls appreciating other girls and giving each other praise, so keep up the good work girls, its nice to be nice! I wish I  could say I loved something like sitting with a brew (cup of tea for anyone who isn't northern) and reading a good book or something interesting like that, but that would be a lie, I love nothing more than snuggling up and watching a good movie and I would 99.9% of the time pick that over a night out (yes I am 22 not 40). I could write a whole list of things I like but I guess thats something I can show throughout many blogposts...

I am starting 2016 a fresh, I don't know where this year will take me or what I am going to end up doing but I am going to take it one step at a time and see where I end up. This blog is something I am excited about, I am starting off very new to all this and I can't promise that my photos will be an extremely great quality for the moment as I'm dealing with only an iPhone 6 to take them, but after some time I am hoping to change this! I can't wait to see what happens and I'm excited to communicate with various people through this platform. So a happy new year to you all and welcome to Turquoise Trouble!

xxx


Instagram/ Twitter/ Facebook
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Turquoise Trouble. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig