02/01/2016

Boots are made for walking...

Anybody that knows me will know I have an unhealthy obsession with black chunky boots, it is extremely rare that I won't have a pair of them on my feet unless I'm having a super chilled day where I want to shove a pair of trainers on...but thats just usually to walk to my corner shop in them. Anyway, this style of footwear is my go to shoe, whether it be a daytime boot or one with a little higher heel for night time wear and events, I live in them. My mum is always banging on at me to wear 'daintier' footwear but I just can't help but fall in love with so many boots and how comfortable they usually all are! I am 5'2 so a little extra height in daily footwear is always a MUST for me! Here are my current top 4 that I love wearing, I have attached the links to them all below...






These boots were ones I stressed over for many weeks trying to get my hands on! When I first saw them I fell in love and for such an insanely cheap price for a pair of boots I just could not resist. Each time I went on ASOS to purchase them they were out of stock or they would restock a small batch but usually not in a size 6 for me. But finally in December my lovely boyfriend got them for me for my birthday and they're even more perfect in real life and on than on the website. The most surprising thing about these boots for me is the weight of them, now with wearing chunky boots everyday I have adjusted to the weight this style of boot can carry and I was expecting these to be up there with the heaviest due to the heavy metal detailing, however they are one of the most lightweight feeling boots I have ever worn! I love the detail on them, they are such a stand out and statement boot for an everyday casual look! 




Vagabond are a brand that I have loved for a few years now and each pair of boots I have purchased from them I have always been extremely happy with. They hold such lovely comfort but are very sturdy at the same time. I usually go for the Dioon shape as you will see below but when I saw these, I fancied a change. The Norah boots are a little higher on the ankle than I would usually go for and a little higher on the heel which in my opinion I wouldn't pick for an everyday boot, I have worn these for nights out or a day time trip that I'm not going to be on my feet for too long in! They are very comfy and I would't mind wearing them all day, but living in such a fast paced city like London, I am too clumsy to wear them all the time. They are made with a lovely patent leather that great shine to it which isn't tacky and gives a subtle stand out effect in the crowd. The lining on them has a really florally pattern which is something I've never had with Vagabond boots before, but it is a nice change! 




These are 100% my go to everyday boot. Since the day I bought them I have hardly had a day where they haven't been my boot of choice. They are such a soft leather which keep the warmth for my toes in these cold winter months and the sole on them is very sturdy, however the gap in the middle of the two platforms allows for some movement in the middle making sure you're not walking around like you have stiff legs! I have worn these boots with almost every outfit you can imagine and they really do fit well with everything. Even though I have worn them a lot you wouldn't be able to tell (except for the one scruff mark where I fell over a dog walking through the park in them) and this just makes me love them even more. I did get these a few months back and unfortunately they are sold out in most places now but I have seen the same boot around with a white sole instead. I'll keep my fingers crossed they restock them because I personally feel these should be a day to day item in everybody's wardrobe.  



Vagabond Dioon Black Embossed Leather Ankle Boots
Yet again we are back to one of my favourite shoe brands, Vagabond. They are orignally from Sweden but are available in the UK in a wide range of stores now. I usually pick mine up from Urban Outfitters or online at ASOS. These are a classic for me and these are my third pair in this same shape of boot, the Dioon. This certain pair are my favourite I have owned in this style for the simple fact that the leather has a really cool embossed and shiny effect. Since my last few pairs of them, the sole has changed on them and is a lot more tough which is very good as I have had problems with them in the past, but I must say every problem I have had with this brands shoes they have sorted it out for me with no fuss which is why I love the brand SO much. The dioon is a perfect everyday boot to wear with anything and I would highly recommend them. If you haven't heard of Vagabond you should check them out right now as I'm pretty sure they will become one of your favourite brands too. 


- Bare with me on the bad quality photos, still working with my iPhone or Mac -
xxx

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. You've got me wanting some Abi! Even though I'm too old.... The everyday ones would be perfect and I need the extra height! Loving your blogs by the way xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Number 2 and 4 are to die for!!! In looooove!

    ReplyDelete

© Turquoise Trouble. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig